Being a CEO can be incredibly lonely — but it does not have to be. More than a decade ago, CEO Connection launched the exclusive CEO Boot Camp to spark relationships through meaningful discussions with those facing similar challenges.
If you are a CEO of a company with between $100 million and $3 billion in annual revenue, then here is why CEO Boot Camps offer you unique and invaluable experiences.
4 Reasons to Attend a CEO Boot Camp
- Kept small for big results
With a maximum of 12 CEOs in a room, CEO Boot Camps offer in-depth discussions with your fellow CEOs. In this intimate setting, you can comfortably share your experiences, concerns, and exchange advice. The relationships made at a CEO Boot Camp are lasting.
2. A break from the boring
This is not a selling event. Nor will you will be held hostage by tedious lecturers. CEO Boot Camps are interactive and consist of real conversations. You will also have the opportunity to join round-table discussions led by functional experts.
3. Off the record
What is said at a CEO Boot Camp, stays at a CEO Boot Camp. We ensure no
competitors are in the room. Further, all attendees are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement in order to keep the conversations candid and authentic.
4. Walk away with next steps
By the time you leave a CEO Boot Camp, you will be armed with new ideas and
actionable items. The results are tangible. This is an event centered around CEOs,
helping CEOs to scale.
CEO Boot Camps are invitation-only meetings reserved exclusively for CEOs of companies with between $100 million and $3 billion in revenue. Only 48 CEOs from around the world get to attend a boot camp in the U.S. each year, so seats fill up fast and far in advance. As such, it is best to book your seat now for 2019.
For a sample agenda click here.
To see if you qualify and for more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serving on a board can be one of the most rewarding experiences of a career. As a board member you get an inside look into how another company operates. You also have the opportunity to experience other viewpoints from talented individuals, and to discover ideas you can take back to your business.
Given the benefits, it should come as no surprise that many well-qualified leaders seek a board position. So how do you differentiate yourself? Below we’ll take a look at 5 ways to strengthen your board search, and how to best position yourself for success.
1. Start with a startup or private board as your first step. Experience is a key component for joining a board, especially for public companies. Get that experience by finding a small company, startup, or community organization and learn how you can participate. Do not hide the fact you are seeking to gain experience and be honest about your timeline.
2. Personal branding is essential. Identify your values and skill set to find the company that best compliments your background. What are you known for and how would that benefit a particular board? Are you a marketing expert? Financial genius? Technology wiz? A board is a team effort, so determine where you can make the most contributions. After you discover what makes you valuable, then seek out new ways to grow those skills within your current organization.
3. Use your network. Personal connections are crucial to finding the right board seat for you. Make it known that you are interested in a public or private board seat. Make a list of the top relationships you have with high-ranking executives, and reach out to them for introductions to their CEOs or board members. Also, take advantage of events such as the CEO Connection Mid-Market Convention to foster valuable contacts.
4. Stay top-of-mind with recruiters. Make sure to maintain relationships with search firms. Although directly asking search organizations outright about specific boardroom opportunities is discouraged, recruiters will come to you when they are aware of your interest and your background is a good match for a particular board seat.
5. Use a professional organization. Many professional organizations, such as CEO Connection offer board director networking services. Consider participating in a CEO Connection “How to get on a Board Workshop” which is designed to provide tactical information and a plan on how to actively define, pursue, and get on your next board and how to add value once you are there.
“Finding a board seat is not the same as looking for your next job post,” explains Board Connection Director, Kate Donnelly. “You need a personal action plan to define, pursue and acquire your board seat, as well as to ensure you add value once you’re there.”
About the CEOC Board Connection Program
The Board Connection Program is for members interested in serving on corporate boards, corporate advisory boards, or not-for-profit boards. This exclusive program helps our CEOs most effectively position themselves as desirable board candidates and provides exclusive resources to search for a board seat.
Participating CEOs have access to one-on-one support, intensive hands-on workshops, and mid-market community exposure.
For more information regarding our Board Connection Program, contact email@example.com or click here.
The mid-market is unique — too big to be small, and too small to be big. Mid-market companies must go out of their way to adapt, grow, and to continually meet the needs of their clients in an ever-changing marketplace. Each year, CEO Connection’s Mid-Market Awards recognize one mid-market CEO who represents the vision, generosity, and values we associate with effective and inspiring mid-market leadership.
The 2018 Mid-Market CEO of the Year, chosen by his peers, is Dr. Paul T. Decker, CEO of Mathematica Policy Research.
As the President and CEO of Mathematica Policy Research, Decker stands at the helm of a growing nonpartisan research organization dedicated to public well-being. Dr. Decker oversees more than 1,200 research and data analytics experts as they design studies and collaborate with decision-makers across the public and private sectors.
“I’m humbled to be recognized by CEO Connection and especially honored that this award comes just as Mathematica is celebrating 50 years of helping our clients use data to make a difference,” said Paul Decker. “It is an exciting time to be leading Mathematica into new areas of work, and to be a part of the community of mid-market companies who are driving innovation across the country and around the world.”
Decker holds an undergraduate degree from the College of William and Mary and a PhD from Johns Hopkins University. He has dedicated his career to the design and implementation of studies focusing on education and workforce development programs, including examining links between education and worker productivity.
Since joining Mathematica in 1988, Decker has climbed the ranks and currently serves as the company’s CEO and President. In that role, he has testified before Congress and served on advisory boards for a long list of government and academic institutions. Decker’s peer-reviewed studies can be found in a number of professional publications, including: Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, Journal of Human Resources, and Economic Studies Quarterly.
Dr. Decker’s efforts to expand Mathematica’s reach and impact have led to the creation of dedicated research centers, and have helped policymakers tackle some of humanity’s most pressing challenges. Outside of Mathematica, he speaks and writes prolifically on trends in the policy research and public programs fields, including the emerging impact of Big Data. Decker is also the Chair of the CEO Connection Government Relations Committee.
Candidates for CEO of the Year are nominated from the community at large, before being referred to the selection committee that reviews and selects finalists. A second committee, comprised of all living prior award recipients, makes the final award selection. Previous CEOs of the Year include Blake Irving of GoDaddy (2017), Ganesh Ayyar of Mphasis (2016), and Lars Bjork of Qlik (2015).
CEO Connection is pleased to recognize Dr. Decker as the 2018 Mid-Market CEO of the Year. Join us to celebrate his selection for this award, along with other award recipients and guests at the 2018 Mid-Market Convention Awards Dinner on September 25, 2018 at the Wharton School.
Secure a Ticket and Save Up to 70%
Early registration is now open for the 2018 Mid-Market Convention at the Wharton School.
For the last five years, mid-market CEOs like you have come together to share connections, ideas, resources, and opportunities tailored to companies with revenue between $100 million and $3 billion.
The overwhelming feedback from participants is: “There is nothing else like this convention” because it provides:
- Exclusivity – Attendance at the convention is limited to 200 CEOs who are committed to creating solutions to benefit their companies, themselves, and the mid-market as a whole.
- Connections – We make sure you make the right connections based on your background, needs, and interests before, during, and after the convention.
- Ideas – Attend interactive sessions addressing critical mid-market issues and obtain actionable solutions for your company.
- Resources – Leverage the collective power of the mid-market and gain access to exclusive programs, services, and savings.
- Opportunities – Gain access to potential investment opportunities, board positions, partnerships, and hires.
Early registration ensures you a spot among the 200 mid-market CEOs attending, and guarantees you the best rate of the year:
Save 20% on individual, full-convention tickets and 70% on a group rate!