Board Connection Program
The BOARD CONNECTION PROGRAM is for members interested in serving on corporate Boards, corporate Advisory Boards, or not-for-profit Boards. This exclusive program helps our CEOs most effectively position themselves as a desirable board candidate and provides exclusive resources to search for a board seat.
Participating CEOs will have access to one-on-one support, intensive hands-on workshops, and community exposure.
Eligible CEOs will have access to these seven core board-connecting tools designed to get results:
- One-on-one support from the Membership & Board Connection Team
- Invitation to Board Connection Reception
- Access to open board seats
- Community Support and Exposure
- “How to Get on a Board” Workshop
- One Additional Enhancement Workshop/Event
- Personal Branding Audit
For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Get On a Board Workshop ➤
Functional experts lead roundtable discussions on:
- TARGETING: Participants will understand the different types of boards (public, private, advisory), their fit with the different types and characteristics of boards, and map out their approach to stepping through different levels of boards to their ultimate target.
- MARKETING: Participants will strengthen their own personal branding, including positioning and messaging, and create their own marketing/selling plan across various media.
- CLOSING: Participants will have a framework to create win-win situations with potential boards, facilitating closing the sale and doing their own due diligence.
- ONBOARDING: Participants will know how to get a head start and then accelerate their contributions to their board’s strategic, operational, and organizational processes over their first 100-days.
- Specific issues questions and opportunities raised by attendees.
The CEOC ‘How to Get On a Board’ Workshops are not just about the program. They are about connecting with peer CEOs who face similar challenges. This personal and intimate environment serves as a foundation for many long-term relationships, as well as a base for future relationships developed through CEO Connection. It is all about CEOs helping CEOs.
At the end of the day, participants will walk out with a customized board plan, the tactics needed to implement that plan, and the ability to have a strategic impact once they find the right board opportunity. Then, as CEO Connection members, participants have access to other resources regarding board issues including:
- How to get on boards.
- What to do when you are on a board.
- How to manage your board.
- How to find people for your board.
2019 Board Connection Reception ➤
Don’t miss a special opportunity to meet with corporate, corporate advisory, and not-for-profit boards looking for new members. Attend an exclusive Board Connection Reception to make new connections and explore opportunities at the CEO Connection Mid-Market Convention at Wharton on September 22-24, 2019 in Philadelphia, PA.
The Board Connection Reception is your opportunity to fast track your road to a board position. Representatives from companies looking to find board members will be in attendance.
RSVP for the Board Connection Reception at the convention as space is limited to only 25 people.
The Board Connection Reception and the Wharton Executive Education class is part of CEO Connection’s Board Connection program.
To reserve your seat at the reception, email email@example.com.
To attend the reception, you must also register for the convention.