- This event has passed.
How to Get On a Board Workshop
December 10, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Join up to 19 other CEOs in confidential, interactive dialogues on how to position yourself to get on a board. The CEO ‘How to Get On a Board’ Workshops are designed for mid market CEOs to provide tactical information and a plan on how to actively define, pursue and get on your next board and how to add value once you are there.
Functional experts lead roundtable discussions on:
- TARGETING: Participants will understand the different types of boards (public, private, advisory), their fit with the different types and characteristics of boards, and map out their approach to stepping through different levels of boards to their ultimate target.
- MARKETING: Participants will strengthen their own personal branding, including positioning and messaging, and create their own marketing/selling plan across various media.
- CLOSING: Participants will have a framework to create win-win situations with potential boards, facilitating closing the sale and doing their own due diligence.
- ONBOARDING: Participants will know how to get a head start and then accelerate their contributions to their board’s strategic, operational, and organizational processes over their first 100-days.
- Specific issues questions and opportunities raised by attendees.
The CEOC ‘How to Get On a Board’ Workshops are not just about the program. They are about connecting with peer CEOs who face similar challenges. This personal and intimate environment serves as a foundation for many long-term relationships, as well as a base for future relationships developed through CEO Connection. It is all about CEOs helping CEOs.
At the end of the day, participants will walk out with a customized board plan, the tactics needed to implement that plan, and the ability to have a strategic impact once they find the right board opportunity. Then, as CEO Connection members, participants have access to other resources regarding board issues including:
- How to get on boards.
- What to do when you are on a board.
- How to manage your board.
- How to find people for your board.