Being a CEO can be incredibly lonely — but it does not have to be. More than a decade ago, CEO Connection launched the exclusive CEO Boot Camp to spark relationships through meaningful discussions with those facing similar challenges.
If you are a CEO of a company with between $100 million and $3 billion in annual revenue, then here is why CEO Boot Camps offer you unique and invaluable experiences.
4 Reasons to Attend a CEO Boot Camp
- Kept small for big results
With a maximum of 12 CEOs in a room, CEO Boot Camps offer in-depth discussions with your fellow CEOs. In this intimate setting, you can comfortably share your experiences, concerns, and exchange advice. The relationships made at a CEO Boot Camp are lasting.
2. A break from the boring
This is not a selling event. Nor will you will be held hostage by tedious lecturers. CEO Boot Camps are interactive and consist of real conversations. You will also have the opportunity to join round-table discussions led by functional experts.
3. Off the record
What is said at a CEO Boot Camp, stays at a CEO Boot Camp. We ensure no
competitors are in the room. Further, all attendees are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement in order to keep the conversations candid and authentic.
4. Walk away with next steps
By the time you leave a CEO Boot Camp, you will be armed with new ideas and
actionable items. The results are tangible. This is an event centered around CEOs,
helping CEOs to scale.
CEO Boot Camps are invitation-only meetings reserved exclusively for CEOs of companies with between $100 million and $3 billion in revenue. Only 48 CEOs from around the world get to attend a boot camp in the U.S. each year, so seats fill up fast and far in advance. As such, it is best to book your seat now for 2019.
For a sample agenda click here.
To see if you qualify and for more information, please email: email@example.com
Serving on a board can be one of the most rewarding experiences of a career. As a board member you get an inside look into how another company operates. You also have the opportunity to experience other viewpoints from talented individuals, and to discover ideas you can take back to your business.
Given the benefits, it should come as no surprise that many well-qualified leaders seek a board position. So how do you differentiate yourself? Below we’ll take a look at 5 ways to strengthen your board search, and how to best position yourself for success.
1. Start with a startup or private board as your first step. Experience is a key component for joining a board, especially for public companies. Get that experience by finding a small company, startup, or community organization and learn how you can participate. Do not hide the fact you are seeking to gain experience and be honest about your timeline.
2. Personal branding is essential. Identify your values and skill set to find the company that best compliments your background. What are you known for and how would that benefit a particular board? Are you a marketing expert? Financial genius? Technology wiz? A board is a team effort, so determine where you can make the most contributions. After you discover what makes you valuable, then seek out new ways to grow those skills within your current organization.
3. Use your network. Personal connections are crucial to finding the right board seat for you. Make it known that you are interested in a public or private board seat. Make a list of the top relationships you have with high-ranking executives, and reach out to them for introductions to their CEOs or board members. Also, take advantage of events such as the CEO Connection Mid-Market Convention to foster valuable contacts.
4. Stay top-of-mind with recruiters. Make sure to maintain relationships with search firms. Although directly asking search organizations outright about specific boardroom opportunities is discouraged, recruiters will come to you when they are aware of your interest and your background is a good match for a particular board seat.
5. Use a professional organization. Many professional organizations, such as CEO Connection offer board director networking services. Consider participating in a CEO Connection “How to get on a Board Workshop” which is designed to provide tactical information and a plan on how to actively define, pursue, and get on your next board and how to add value once you are there.
“Finding a board seat is not the same as looking for your next job post,” explains Board Connection Director, Kate Donnelly. “You need a personal action plan to define, pursue and acquire your board seat, as well as to ensure you add value once you’re there.”
About the CEOC Board Connection Program
The Board Connection Program is for members interested in serving on corporate boards, corporate advisory boards, or not-for-profit boards. This exclusive program helps our CEOs most effectively position themselves as desirable board candidates and provides exclusive resources to search for a board seat.
Participating CEOs have access to one-on-one support, intensive hands-on workshops, and mid-market community exposure.
For more information regarding our Board Connection Program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
2018 Mid-Market Awards Dinner and Celebration
Another successful convention ended with another great awards dinner where we celebrated the best of the Mid-Market.
Awards Dinner Gallery
As master of ceremonies, Today Show and NBC News contributor, Dr. Madeyln Fernstrom, helped us honor the 2018 Mid-Market Award recipients:
- Micalyn Harris of ELPRO – Young Leader of the Year
- Eric Green of West Pharmaceutical Services – Social Impact Award
- Paul Decker of Mathematica – CEO of the Year
- Restaurant Technologies – Company of the Year
- Lulvleen Sidhu, Bank Mobile
- Jeanne Thoma, SPI Pharma
- Gina Fyfe, Integra Holdings
- Cynthia Tidwell, Royal Neighbors of America
- Elaine Osgood, Atlas Travel
The 2018 Most Influential Women of the mid-market who were in attendance.
Congratulations again to all!
CEO Connection® has announced the winner of its annual Young Leader of the Year award. Each year, qualified nominees are reviewed by a committee of experts and the award is presented to the mid-market executive who, early in his/her career, has demonstrated the greatest potential for leadership and lasting impact.
This year CEO Connection is proud to recognize Micalyn Harris, CEO of ELPRO Services, Inc., as the 2018 Young Leader of the Year.
In 2009, Micalyn Harris joined ELPRO Services, Inc.—a company that designs and manufactures solutions that monitor the transport and storage of pharmaceuticals throughout the supply chain, and is the U.S. subsidiary of Swiss-based ELPRO Group. Micalyn became President and CEO of the subsidiary in 2017.
As a newly minted CEO, Micalyn leveraged her experience in organizational change and business strategy to disrupt ELPRO Services’ competitive and growing market. Micalyn completely redefined the subsidiary’s organizational and financial focus, as well as doubled staff and revenue in the short term. During her tenure with ELPRO, Micalyn has negotiated strategic selling partnerships to expand the company’s sales and service footprint in the U.S., and has spearheaded numerous continuous improvement initiatives. Locally, Micalyn leads initiatives for employee community volunteerism and is a member of the Marietta College Entrepreneurship Advisory Board.
“Within ELPRO USA, I saw the opportunity to reshape the company from the ground up,” said Micalyn Harris. “The most fulfilling part of that journey was redefining our culture and aligning with profitability. Receiving this honor has encouraged me to continue my personal and business pursuits and to take them to the next level, driving change to positively impact my community and our growth.”
Micalyn will be honored at the 2018 Mid-Market Convention Awards Dinner on September 25, 2018, at The Wharton School. Other recipients—Company of the Year, CEO of the Year, and Social Impact Award—will be celebrated at that time. The dinner will be attended by members, sponsors, and guests of CEO Connection.
For more information about the awards, please visit http://www.midmarketawards.com/about/, and to purchase your ticket to the 2018 Mid-Market Awards Dinner, visit: https://www.midmarketconvention.com/registration/.
SYOSSET, N.Y., August 9, 2018/PRNewswire/ — CEO Connection® has announced its 2018 list recognizing private equity firms most effective for mid-market companies. The Top Private Equity Firms for the Mid-Market list highlights firms that invest in mid-market companies with a vision of strategic partnership, bringing them results-oriented expertise and focus on what is best for the next phase of growth.
“We believe these firms personify the spirit of the mid-market,” said Kenneth Beck, CEO of CEO Connection. “In the true symbiotic nature of the CEO Connection community, honoring them will help all of us promote the mid-market.”
Sixteen of the 2018 firms also made the list in 2017. The list was first developed in 2016 in response to membership interest in this area, namely private equity as a source of capital for mid-market growth.
The private equity firms were evaluated on five metrics: Commitment to the Mid-Market, Partnership Effectiveness, Financial Performance, Resources, and Social Impact. For the complete list, visit www.ceoconnection.com/top-private-equity-firms/.
Comprised of nearly 20,000 publicly and privately held companies, the mid-market represents an integral piece of the U.S. economy, employing more than 30 million people and generating approximately $10 trillion of the $30 trillion of annual gross receipts.
Members of the 2018 Top Private Equity Firms for the Mid-Market will be recognized at the annual CEO Connection Mid-Market Convention held in conjunction with The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, Sept. 23-25. This exclusive global gathering features hundreds of CEOs, political leaders and business experts convening to discuss issues and challenges for mid-market companies. For more information and to register for the convention, visit www.midmarketconvention.com/registration.
The CEO Connection 2018 Mid-Market Convention is made possible by the interactive support of strategic partners, including ABM, Carpedia, Invest in Canada, KR Strategy, Minority Business Development Agency, Morgan Samuels, Mphasis, Prime Genesis, RSM, SAS, Sibson Consulting, Mastered in Tennessee, Wex/MasterCard, Wharton.